201 West Chestnut Hill Avenue
MAP NUMBER: 18
ORIGINAL OWNER: Samuel Goodman, Developer
ARCHITECT: Newman, Woodman & Harris
CONTRACTOR: Thomas M. Seeds, Jr.
This stucco and timbered Tudor-styled dwelling was the
the photographer, John Samuel Naylor and his wife Anna Herbert
Albert Naylor. It was enlarged in 1904, 1917 (Brockie & Hastings,
architects), and 1925 (Arthur H. Brockie, architect). Naylor took many
photographs of the home from a number of angles and captured
its evolution. The building at 8836 Crefeld Street, now the Crefeld
School, is visible to the far right in the photographs 1970.24 and 1970.27.