121 and 117 West Chestnut Hill Avenue



click on image to see larger version

 (photograph from Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.35)

MAP NUMBER: 15 A
DATE: 1887-1888
ORIGINAL OWNER: P. E. Chillman
ARCHITECT: J. C. Worthington
CONTRACTOR: Rea & Riley

The house (one of the first on West Chestnut Hill Avenue (121)
is located on the left in the photograph.


MAP NUMBER: 15 B
DATE: 1890-1891
ORIGINAL OWNER: A.N. Elliott
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: John Hottenstein

The house (117 West Chestnut Hill located on right in the photograph)
was constructed as the stable for 115 West Chestnut Hill Avenue,
but was altered into a dwelling in 1901, such was the demand for
residences along this rapidly developing avenue in the first decades
of the century.

CHHS Home